Updated May 23, 2018
What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
To administer our Site and for research purposes, Activu also has contracted with third-party service providers to track and analyze statistical usage and volume information from our Site users. These third-party service providers use persistent Cookies to help us to improve the user experience, manage our Site content, and analyze how users navigate and utilize the Site.
First and Third-party Cookies
“First party Cookies” are cookies that belong to Activu and that Activu places on your device. “Third-party Cookies” are cookies that another party places on your device through our Site. Activu may contract with third-party service providers to send e-mails to users who have provided us with their contact information. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our e-mail communications, and/or to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on, the third-party service providers may place Cookies on the devices of these users.
For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies as indicated below.
We use the following types of cookies:
Session Cookies. Session Cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session Cookies to help us track internet usage as described above.
The data collected by the Site and/or through Cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned above. In any event, such information will not be kept for longer than one year.
Our Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary/ Technical: These Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Site so you may access them as you have requested. These Cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access Site content. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Site.
- Analytical/ Performance: These Cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyze how the Site is used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what pages are most frequently visited, and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a mailing list or otherwise register with the Site, these Cookies may be correlated to you. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics cookies.
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including strictly necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or parts or functionalities of our Site.
If you want to remove previously-stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Site from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
For more information on the development of user-profiles and the use of targeting/advertising Cookies, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are located in Europe or www.aboutads.info/choices if in the United States.
To opt-out of having ads delivered to you based upon information we collect, visit the following links:
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
You can also control how ads are delivered to you via these links:
301 Round Hill Drive
Rockaway, NJ 07866