The System Specialist performs installations of video wall displays, 70.7 volt and distributed sound systems, projectors and screen support structures, ceiling and wall-mounted speaker systems. Duties may include (but are not limited to): pulling cable, installing connectors, projector mounting/hanging (ceiling mounts) and metal fabrication. The prospective candidate must be positive and effective in their interaction with internal and external customers. The candidate should also be able to read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints, assist with mechanical fabrication and basic rack wiring, and be able to travel and work at various job sites throughout the United States.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform service tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner. Such tasks include but are not limited to: pulling cable, install connectors, cube wall installations, software integration, etc.
- Preventative maintenance visits to insure equipment and equipment functionality are ready for use.
- Ability to troubleshoot integrated Activu systems or failed equipment and take ownership to resolution
- Interface with Developers, Engineers, and Project Managers to provide resolutions for highly complex system problems
- Provide reports and adhere to metrics outlined in contract to provide tiered service defined per agreements
- Responsible for documentation as needed IE, Preventative maintenance checklist
- Proficient in the safe use of hand and power tools
- Ability to work overtime – as required
- Ability to terminate connectors (RJ45, BNC, Cleerline Fiber, etc.)
- Other duties as requested or required
- Mentor less experienced technicians
Experience, Skills & Certifications
- Minimum one year working with network and communications cabling – more experience can take the place of the education requirement
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting floor plans and drawings preferred
- MS Windows Server 2003/2008
- MS Office Suite
- Proficient PC problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Secret US Government security clearance preferred
Associate Degree / Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary cemmensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) retirement savings program
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activu Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Activu provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Activu complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.