Activu is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer. The Quality Assurance (QA) Test Engineer is responsible for developing and executing software tests in order to ensure product quality. This role’s responsibilities include estimating, planning, developing test procedures, automated scripts, and conducting testing activities. The QA Test Engineer will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. This role works closely with Activu’s Software Development team to resolve issues and recommend improvements in software and user interfaces. The QA Test Engineer will research and champion new testing methods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Test software products for overall stability and reliability based on the proposed design and product requirements.
- Formulate test strategies; create test plans and test cases for regression; create automation test scripts where necessary; perform functional and performance testing of products.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and conduct testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs using Jira
- Work with Software Engineering to resolve bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Provide support in documentation
- Analyze test results and prepare test summary reports.
- Review and analyze software requirements for completeness, lack of ambiguity, and testability.
- Research and develop new testing approaches/methods
- Recommend improvements in software and development processes
Experience, Skills & Certifications
- Proven working experience in software development
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft .net frameworks and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with testing graphical user interfaces
- 8 plus years of Quality Assurance Test Experience
- US Citizenship required
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subjec
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary cemmensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) retirement savings program
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume and contact details to email@example.com.
Activu Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Activu provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Activu complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.