The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading and managing software quality management and application testing for Activu’s software and customer solutions. This includes collaboration, development, implementation and management of quality assurance processes, procedures, tooling and best practices. This position leads the QA test team and works closely with software development and professional services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive quality assurance (QA) and testing efforts.
- Analyze and assess current QA and testing processes, practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with Activu leadership to define and execute QA roadmaps and strategies.
- Develop, document and implement best practices, processes, operational activities and procedures.
- Software Release Management.
- Ensure measurable improvement of software quality by identifying, developing and implementing innovative QA capabilities, strategies, approaches and services.
- Define quality metrics and targets for assessment, measurement and continuous improvement of QA and testing effectiveness.
- Define, implement and manage a quality assurance and testing framework.
- Improve the efficiency, effectiveness and speed of quality assurance practices and testing activities through the identification and implementation of automated testing tools and procedures.
- Partner with project managers, development managers, project members, operations and support resources to plan, coordinate, execute and report QA and testing activities associated with software development projects, enhancements and production support.
- Initiate, plan, execute, manage and complete QA activities related to complex application and system implementation projects.
- Provide testing estimates for resourcing, levels of effort and timelines.
- Coordinate and manage holistic testing efforts for multiple projects and software releases, including integration, system, regression, performance and user-acceptance testing.
- Create and maintain test strategies, plans, scenarios and cases.
- Lead and manage test schedules, test environment management and configuration requirements.
- Establish and administer entry/exit criteria
- Define and implement test data management practices, procedures and tooling.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure requirements are met and accurately tested.
- Provide input on go/no-go decisions for production releases.
- Recruit and manage QA department staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- Development background a must.
- 10+ years experience with significant experience in software development and quality assurance.
- 4+ years experience managing an organization’s QA practice and/or department.
- 3+ years experience in automation testing and tools.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of QA and testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Understanding and experience with test automation frameworks, DevOps techniques and tools.
- Extensive experience planning, executing and managing integration, system, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Extensive experience associated with establishing and managing test environment structures, tools and release management processes.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Experience with a variety of technologies, platforms and development languages (C++, Java, .NET, etc.).
- Experience with performance and load testing, reporting and monitoring.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous improvement environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) retirement savings program
If you would like to be considered for the quality assurance manager position, please email your resume and contact details to email@example.com.
Activu Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Activu provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Activu complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.