Activu is seeking a corporate accountant. This position, based out of our Rockaway offices, is responsible for tracking and preparing statements along with running monthly financial processes.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently, while also working effectively within a team environment. Must be professional, courteous, proactive, have strong organizational skills and a mindset that helps to efficiently perform job duties. In the position, the qualified candidate will:
- Prepare monthly financial statements for presentation to the Controller.
- Monitor day to day accounting operations to insure corporate policies are followed and records are in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare for year-end financial audit and coordinate the audit process.
- Offer new or improve upon existing policies to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Process company payroll, which includes calculation of RSM commissions.
- Prepare and file sales tax returns as well as other corporate filings not handled by CPA firm.
- Maintain fixed asset and other asset records and reconciliations.
- Insure project milestone invoicing is done timely, and AR is collected timely.
- Prepare approved Accounts Payable disbursements with required documentation.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance from an accredited school
- • 2+ years of accounting or auditing experience preferred
- Strong skills with the use of MS Excel
- Strong communication skills with an ability to interact with a variety of levels within the organization
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) retirement savings program
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume and contact details to email@example.com
Activu Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Activu provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Activu complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.